PhD in Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences, UCLA, 2007
M.sc. in Atmospheric Sciences, UCLA, 2003
Diploma (Italian Laurea), Physics, University of Rome, Tor Vergata, 1996.
Academic and Professional Employments
Assistant Professor of Environmental Science and Engineering, Caltech, 2009 - present
Postdoctoral Fellow, Advanced Study Program, NCAR, 2008 - 2009
Moore Postdoctoral Fellow, Caltech, 2007
Research Assistant, Dept. Atmos and Ocean. Sci., UCLA, 2001 - 2007
Meteorological System Engineer, Eurelettronica Icas SRL, Rome, Italy, 1997 - 2001
Undergraduate Research Assistant, European Synchrotron Radiation Facility (ESRF), Grenoble / Italian Institute for Nuclear Physics (INFN) Frascati, 1994 - 1996
Selected Awards and Honors
- AGU James R. Holton Junior Scientist Award, 2009.
- Bjerknes Memorial Award (outstanding research by a graduate student), UCLA, 2005.
- 1st Award for Student Poster Presentation, Monsoon Systems, 1st International CLIVAR Science Conference, 2004.
- Bosart Award, (outstanding service contribution by a graduate student), UCLA, 2003.
- Advanced Study Program Postdoctoral Fellowship, NCAR, 2008-2009.
- Moore Postdoctoral Fellowship in Environmental Science and Engineering, 2007.
- Dissertation year fellowship, UCLA, 2006-2007.
- NASA Graduate Student Fellowship in Earth System Science, 2003-2006.
- Chancellors Fellowship, UCLA, 2001-2002.
- IGPP Fellowship, UCLA, 2001-2003.