GPS Computing Help Staff
The Division has two, full-time computer System Administrators on staff to support the core Division IT systems as well as to provide support to faculty, research groups and students.
Support is made available on an hourly basis. As of 10/01/2019, the fee is $107 per hour (billed via an internal charge). The fee is charged in 15 minute increments.
The best way to get help is to email firstname.lastname@example.org. Emails sent to this address are monitored by both of the System Administrators to provide the quickest response possible.
In addition to day to day operation and troubleshooting, the GPS Help Staff can provide more advanced services such as:
- Server Consultation, Design and Deployment.
- Server management and monitoring.
- Virtual Server Consolidation
- Web hosting, web application and wikis
- Backup and Disaster Recovery.
- Security and Patch Management.
- Advanced Support for Linux, Microsoft and Sun Servers/Desktops.
- Advanced storage or other hardware configurations.